Advantage Tampa Bay is pleased to announce our 2021 Winter Doubles Flex League with play beginning the week of January 10th. Flex play offers everyone the opportunity to get on the courts in a fun, friendly, safe (socially distanced) yet competitive way.
How does a Flex League work you ask?
You register yourself for FREE and indicate your preferred home court! If you have a partner request, you can indicate that as well. ATB will match partners, create divisions of similarly skilled players and a schedule of matches. “Flex” means each week your team and your opponents choose the best day and time to play.
How much does it cost?
The Flex league is FREE to members to register! Players are responsible for any court fees as outlined in our rules.
When does the league play?
League play will begin the week of January 10. You will be assigned opponents each week to play and have the flexibility to schedule your match during the day, night or weekend. Whatever works for everyone. If you can’t play one week, that is okay. Just communicate with your partner and opponents to work out an acceptable date. However, all matches will need to be completed by the end of the league. The goal is play at least 6 matches and wrap up play by mid-March.
Will we keep track of our scores?
While the purpose of the league is to get out and play tennis, we will keep track of scores and award points for your play (see the scoring summary). ATB will recognize division winners and possible award some cool prizes.
Is it safe to play tennis with COVID-19?
While we cannot answer this question for each individual, we will encourage the use of the COVID-19 Playing Tennis Safely player tips and recommendations provided by the USTA. Please visit http://usta.com/playersafety for more information.
What if I have more questions?
Please see the league rules for additional information. If you have questions, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Players are responsible for scheduling their own match times at the location of the designated “HOME” team during the designated time period. Phone numbers, email addresses and home courts will be sent to all registered players and can also be found at atb-tennis.org.
2. If court fees are imposed for the “HOME” court please follow communicate that to the visiting opponents when scheduling the match.
3. Contact should be made as soon as possible within (or prior to) the time stated for the match. If having made reasonable and multiple attempts to organize a match, the team attempting to make contact receives no response, or an opponent is unable to play at sometime within the league window, then the match is defaulted and the team attempting to make contact receives points as outlined in the scoring summary.
4. Players may ask their opponents to play a match prior to or after the scheduled week, but initial contact must be made within the timeframe of the scheduled match. All matches will need to be completed by the designated end of league date.
5. Each match shall best of 3 sets. A 7-point tie-break (win by 2) will be played at 6-6 in a set. In lieu of a 3rd set, a 10-point tie-break (win by 2) will be played. During tie-breaks, players will change ends after each 6 points played.
6. Current USTA Rules will govern play for any procedures not covered by the Rules of the League.
7. The HOME player is responsible for providing one set of balls for match play. However, should one player wish to use their own can of balls to serve for enhanced COVID-19 safety measures, then both players will need to provide a can of balls for each match. When using enhanced COVID-19 safety measures, the non-serving player should not handle the balls and should return balls using foot and racquet.
8. Scores are to be reported to the League coordinator within 24 hours of match completion. All players should report the scores and are ultimately responsible for reporting scores timely and accurately.
Winning Team (2 sets)
Winning Team (3 sets)
1 point for each game won in their two highest scoring sets (Max 8 points)
Winner by Default
Loser by Default
No score reported
0 points for each player
About UsNews and EventsMembershipSponsorsFAQContact Us
Team TennisATB WomenSocial
Like Us on Facebook"Advantage Tampa Bay Tennis"